Sunday, July 7, 2019

Freebies! Places where I got free swag!

So, as part of my journey in not taking money from my own account or getting a stipend from Second Life, I need to find free swag. There are places you can go where EVERYTHING is free. That doesn't mean it's all high-end stuff. In fact, some of the places I went to existed for nearly as long as Second Life has been around. Which means, for Classic Avatars, you can find a lot of old clothes. It's interesting to see how fashion has changed over the years.

Just to let you all know, when I get new clothes, I find a place to try them on. The Free Dove (below) does have changing rooms for those who wear the Free Dove tag. I have found a sandbox I like where I go for privacy. Trying on what you buy is important! I've found that some things don't look the same on my avatar as it does on the model, or that some places don't have the best alpha layers for their clothing, leaving the strangest amounts of skin showing. So, try on before you decide to keep it. Free is wonderful, but it should also look good on you.

((The Free Dove, the picture was taken from Second Life Destinations Page))

The Free Dove

I think this is the oldest Freebie spot in all of Second Life. I know it's one of the ones I remembered from my first time around. Now, it's changed since then. Back when I first found out about Second Life, The Free Dove was a mess. That's not to say it wasn't a great place, but I remember it being very chaotic back in the day. It was filled with freebies and was very popular. The store I encountered this time around was more organized. It felt like there was less, but (as you can see in the picture, there are stairs) I never left the main floor. So, maybe feeling like there is less was my own fault. 

I highly recommend this store. There are some really nice, name-brand items here. I found a gown from a store called Mariposa, which my main account avatar has been through. Dresses there are (for me) expensive and you really get what you pay for. So, to get a gown from there for free...yes, please! The Free Dove is a very respectable store, and even if you don't need free clothes, I suggest you go here. There is a reason why it's still in business today.

((Freebie Galaxy, taken from Second Life Destinations Page))

Freebie Galaxy

This is possibly the second oldest freebie place in Second Life. I say possibly, only because it was also around my first time around, and it hasn't changed since then. If you want to really see what people thought was cutting edge back in 2007, go here. Not to say you can't find some good items here, but there is really a sense of time stopping here.

It's huge! Something like ten floors, all filled with free clothes, hair, skins, and other items. I am sure you'll find something you'd like here. 

((Freebie Megastore, taken from Second Life Destinations Page))

Freebie Megastore

I admit this was not my favorite store. I felt like it didn't have as much, or as quality items. I did get a few things, but of those things, I only kept a small handful. But, go and check it out! You never know if you'll find what you need there.

Ajuda SL Brasil

No picture for this one, sorry. But, on the bright side, this place was awesome! I got the most clothes from here and I found the best clothes here. The Free Dove has a lot of great things, and this place just expands on that. It was only two floors, I think, but it was just jammed packed. There was also a free mesh body for women there. I did get it and try it, but I wasn't very happy with it. That, and I didn't have the money to buy clothes for that body.

As I said, I got a lot here. I might go back to get more. This is the second best freebie store next to The Free Dove. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment